The mission of the Children’s Advisory Board is to improve the lives of Crawford County youth, especially those who face adversity. To achieve this end, the Board will:
- Encourage, support and promote new and existing services and programs with a similar purpose
- Promote and participate in collaborative community efforts
- Act to strengthen family life
- Seek to rememdy circumstances within the county which are harmful to children
- Provide services or programs directly through the Board itself or its employees
- Contract with private or public agencies to provide services or programs
- Apply for and administer grants from governmental agencies or foundations
- Solicit and receive funds for the accomplishment of the above purpose
Community members are always welcomed at the Children’s Advisory Board meeting. Meetings are generally held at 9:00 on the second Friday of most months. Please call Amy Mitchell at 326-0223 to confirm date and location or email her at email@example.com
One project of the Board is to oversee the disbursement of funds obtained from aluminum cans collected around the county. THese funds are used to support area youth groups and youth/family activities within the school districts of Boscobel, DeSoto, North Crawford, Prairie du Chien, Seneca and Wauzeka.
The request for funds in available here as a Word document or pdf.